1. The plant materials are laid out on the silk. Get everything as flat as possible in order to get the best prints.
2. Tightly roll or bundle the fabric and bind with string or rubber bands.
3. Steam for about an hour. Keep an eye on the amount of water in the bottom, you don't want it to boil dry!
4. Remove the bundles from the pot and allow to cure for 3-5 days or until almost dry.
5. Unroll and take a look at your results! You may wish to let them sit around further; but at this point they can be rinsed out with mild soap and cold water in the sink, a quick ironing and they are ready to wear!
Pictures by Kim Soares