A bit of everything that is left over from all the others!
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Saturday, January 17, 2015
I fermented the acorns I had for about three weeks. I scraped off the mold and threw the liquid and the acorns in a stainless steel pot then boiled it for about 20 minutes. Now I am going to let it set overnight. This is silk with no pre-mordant. I want to use this as a basis for an eco print, I hope the pink lasts through the whole process.
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
With half a foot of snow and ice outside I guess calling it spring cleaning is a bit too optimistic. I decided to warm up my studio with color by painting three walls orange. It worked! In order to do this I had to do a bit of cleaning, sorting out and tossing. I came across a lot of good intentions that I decided to pass on to others but I also found ideas and projects that I need to get on with.
I also dusted out the cobwebs and quite a few of the critters that made them, at one point there was a very exciting hobo spider round up behind the laundry hamper. Thankfully, for the sake of my dignity, there are no pictures of that.
It may be winter outside, but spring is in the studio!
Monday, January 5, 2015
I tried using black beans following a procedure I found on knibyahenshop. It worked! Not even sure it was using the "right" type of beans-but hey-it turned blue! Anyway, now to see how it washes etc.